- Donald Trump Announces Investment, Jobs Deal with Japan’s Softbank
- Want to Bring Back Jobs, Mr. President? Call Elon Musk
White Collar Crime:
- RBS to Pay Investors $1 Billion in Bid to Avoid Fundraising Trial Reuters
- Wells Fargo Killing Sham Account Suits by Using Arbitration NY Times.
Unjustified CEO Compensation:
- Portland to Vote on Taxing Companies if CEO Earns 100 Times More Than Staff “The disparity between workers’ and CEOs’ pay has been rising sharply since the 1960s, when the average ratio was around 20-1. It now stands at above 200-1.” How much of that money could have gone to their workers?
- Donald Trump Steps Up Warning to U.S. Businesses Over Offshoring Financial Times
- Desperately Searching for a New Strategy Tim Duy’s Fed Watch. There are a lot of interesting points in this article, but I could not disagree more strongly with the following: “Just pretending to care is important. At a minimum, the electoral college makes it important.” The Democrats pretended to care about inequality, but they delivered very little. That’s why they lost. If Trump doesn’t deliver, he’ll lose also.
- Trump Assembles a Strategic and Policy Forum to Better Hear the 1% Fabius Maximus. This forum includes some of the most successful business people in the country. These people know how to create jobs. They didn’t care about it in the past because it was never in their economic interest. Let’s see if Trump can force real ideas out of them.
- An Econ Theory, Falsified Noahpinion: Interesting perspectives on the impact of immigration and minimum wage raises on jobs
The Ignored Voices of the American People:
- Rural Democrats: Party Ignored Us, Suffered the Consequences Roll Call
- We Missed What Was So Effective About Donald Trump’s Campaign Speeches Vox
- Older Workers in Rust-Belt States Have Been Economic Losers Since Reagan
- Identity Politics vs. Populist Economics? It’s a False Choice- Liberals Need to Look in the Mirror Salon