Each Sunday, we’ll compile reading on the quality of life during America’s Great Recession. This might become a daily feature.
White Collar Crime:
- $20 Million Dollar Verdict for Whistleblower Who Exposed Financial Fraud of Elderly by Wyndham Vacation Ownership– World’s Largest Timeshare Company
- ‘My Soul Feels Taller:’ A Whistleblower’s $20 Million Vindication We need more courageous people like Patricia Williams.
- Wells Fargo Tries to Kill Fake Account Lawsuit
- Wells Fargo Employees Sue Over Funds in Retirement Plans
- How Letting Bankers Off The Hook May Have Tipped the Election This election was as much a referendum on the government’s decision not to prosecute the main players in the financial crisis as it was a show of support for Trump’s populist ideas.
- States Likely to Push Financial Enforcement if Federal Efforts Wane Under Trump If federal efforts wane under Trump, he will have explaining to do to his voters. State efforts aren’t enough.
Access to Quality Education:
- Make College Affordable to Make Democracy Work
- Literacy Not a Right for School Children According to State Governor Rick Snyder and his attorneys should be ashamed of themselves.
- Wage theft is common in garment manufacturing in Southern California It’s time to stop shopping at Ross, T.J. Maxx, and Forever 21.
- Labor Department Investigation Finds 85% of LA Garment Factories Break Wage Rules
- Four States OK Minimum Wage Hikes to at Least $12
- Chile, Mexico, U.S Have Highest Inequality Rates, OECD Says Inequality is created. It is a choice made by politicians to prioritize the desires of their extremely wealthy donors over the needs of the majority of Americans. We need to reverse this.
- President Elect Trump’s Infrastructure Plan Should Start Here Improving wireless infrastructure in this country is crucial. This is great way to create jobs. Our internet lags behind that of our foreign competitors. Improved wireless infrastructure could accelerate manufacturing, construction, and healthcare, all of which depend on wireless communications more and more.
- To Lead on Infrastructure, Trump Should Look to Public-Private Investment I’m not sure on this yet, but it is worth considering.
- Building Infrastructure That Even a Conservative Could Love Good point: “Trump’s [current] plan concentrates mostly on tax breaks for private-sector contractors. The possible downside is that the Trump administration would be handing out subsidies for projects that would have been built anyway, in affluent communities that didn’t need the help.”
- Trump Cites Progress in Keeping Carrier Air Conditioning Plant in Indiana
- Carrier Workers Vow to Hold Trump to Promise of Saving Factory Jobs
- Sanders to Trump: Use Defense Contracts as Leverage for Carrier Jobs Great idea. We have a lot of business and incentives we can offer Carrier.
- Can Trump Stop the Automation Revolution and Save US Jobs?
- Trans Pacific Partnership Nations Eye a Future Without the U.S. with Trump in the White House
- The transatlantic trade deal TTIP may be dead, but something even worse is coming
Enjoy your weekend! Please comment below with any other articles that you think would be a benefit to our readers. Please introduce yourself also!